Donate to the UWC Scholarship Fund to support “Nontraditional” CU Undergraduates
Your donation will support the education of CU students, aged 24 years or older, with great financial need, who have persevered through adversity to re-enroll and work toward their CU degree.
You may mark your donation as regular (no special reason), in honor or in memory of a person, or in honor of a special occasion.
There are also ways of supporting the UWC at no extra cost to you by using special cards at Safeway and/or King Soopers grocery stores, as described below under Other Ways to Support UWC.
Regular (no special reason) Donations
Many UWC members include a donation as a regular part of paying their membership dues or attending a UWC event such as a lecture luncheon or the scholarship luncheon. Others contribute at any time by clicking the “Donate” button on the UWC website home page or the “Donate here” menu item.
You can mark your donation in memory of, or in honor of, the special people and special occasions in your life. Note that the UWC will notify a designee (you specify their name and contact on the donation form) of your donation, if you wish.
- “In Honor” Donation: Pay tribute to a special person by donating in their name.
- “In Memory” Donation: Honor the memory of someone special to you to celebrate their legacy.
- “Special Occasion” Donation: Celebrate a birthday, graduation, wedding or other special milestone of your family or friends.
For more information and to see thank you stories from previous scholarship recipients, please see the Scholarships section on the UWC webpage. You will see that these non-traditional students are much deserving of our support.
Your scholarship donations are charitable donations and are tax deductible as allowed by law. You will receive an official letter from the UWC that acknowledges your donation for tax purposes.
Other Ways to Support UWC: Support while buying groceries:
If you shop at Safeway and/or Albertsons, you can use a Safeway Community Giving Card which will provide 5% of your purchases to UWC. UWC will earn money every time you reload your card and shop for groceries at Safeway or Albertsons. You can load your card in the stores by using cash, check, credit card, or debit card.
To get a Safeway Card, text or call UWC Board Member, Norma Portnoy at 303.908.9371.
Safeway Locations include:
- 3325 28th St., Boulder
- 2798 Arapahoe Ave.- at the corner of Arapahoe & 28th, Boulder
- 4800 Baseline Rd., in Meadows Shopping Center, Boulder
- 910 W. Cherry St., Louisville, CO 80027
- 1601 Coalton Rd., Superior, CO 80027
- 3333 Arapahoe Rd., Erie, CO
- 3602 W 144th Ave. in the Broadlands, Broomfield
Last year, UWC members chose the King Soopers Community Rewards Program as their #1 choice for fundraising activities for UWC.
King Soopers donations to UWC are made directly from Loyalty Cards. 5% of all purchases will be contributed to UWC directly through your Loyalty Card, and you don’t have to do anything except use your Loyalty Card number when shopping. This is at NO cost to you.
Please enroll your Loyalty Card now!
If you have questions or need assistance enrolling your Loyalty Card, please call or text UWC Board Member, Norma Portnoy at 303.908.9371. She will be glad to walk you through the enrollment process, on the phone, while you are on your computer submitting the necessary information.
How to Enroll
- What you need to do: The requirement for using your Loyalty Card is twofold:
- You need to create an online account with King Soopers
- You need to register your Loyalty Card online with King Soopers and link it to our UWC account.
- PLEASE NOTE: You must have an email address to participate.
STEP 1: Create a King Soopers Digital Account
NOTE: If you already have an online digital account, skip to STEP 2.
- Go to kingsoopers.com and click on “Sign in”.
- Select “Create an Account” from the drop down menu.
- Enter your name, email address, and a created password. Write down your email and password because you will need it in Step 2.
- Enter your King Soopers Loyalty Card Number or Alt ID, which is your phone number.
- Click that you accept the terms.
- Click “Create Account”. You will then be prompted to check your email for a confirmation email.
- Click the hyperlink in your email to finish creating your Online Account.
Continue to Step 2 to register for the King Soopers Community Rewards Program. This is where you link your account to UWC.
STEP 2: Register for King Soopers Community Rewards Program
- Go to kingsoopers.com and click on “Sign in” at top right corner.
- Sign in using the email address and password created from Step 1 above.
- Select “My Account” in the drop down menu, which is under your name.
- Select “Community Rewards” from the “My Account” menu.
- Under “Find an Organization”, enter the code “PJ370” or click search for University Womens Club.
- When University Womens Club appears, click “Enroll” and you are done!
You should now see University Womens Club listed under “Community Rewards” on your Account Summary page. It will look something like this (with your date of enrollment):
Community Rewards Donation Summary
Status: Currently Enrolled
Organization Name: University Womens Club
Enrollment Date: 03/12/2019
Organization Number: PJ370
Change Organization / Cancel Enrollment
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR PARTICIPATING in these programs to help UWC raise needed funds!